Post Notes – June 19, 2020
- Due to the uncertainty of the virus, the regularly scheduled general meeting of the Post on July 2nd is cancelled.
- The next general meeting is scheduled for August 6th. Normally, August is an off month. But since the Covid virus has disrupted the Post’s scheduled events, the August meeting is an attempt to get the Post events back on schedule. Oh, the mere mortals we are.
- The OSU Veterans Faculty and Staff Association has shirts available for ordering from now until midnight on July 21st at the below website link. A portion of the proceeds will be used to help establish a scholarship for military affiliated students. Please share with anyone who would be interested in buying a shirt to help this goal, membership is not required to buy a shirt. There are 3 color options for T-shirts and 2 color options for Polo shirts. All shirts will be made after the website closes on July 21st. There are two delivery methods you can choose from when you complete your order online, free in-store pickup at Stillwater Screenprinting or a flat rate shipping fee. The company will contact everyone when the orders are ready for pick up.
Link for shirts: https://osuvfsa2020.itemorder.com/sale?read_message=true
- Heads Up!! It’s that time of year. Starting July 1st, the American Legion national organization will start sending out membership renewals for 2021. This is a good time for you to update your information by going to: mylegion.org.
Note: If you don’t want to get mass e-mailings from the national organization, leave the e-mail address blank.
The Post will not be sharing your e-mail address with anyone. Any e-mails the Post sends will be information pertinent to Post 129 and its members.
- The Pancake breakfast this year will be on October 17th. Details to follow. Keep in mind this is our only fund raiser. It’s important we sell as many pancake tickets as possible, since we had virtually no revenue from renting the upstairs ballroom last spring due to Covid virus.
Best of health, be safe,